Saturday, September 7, 2013

My P2PU Webcraft Intro

    My name is Jessica, or Jess for short. I am 26yrs old, a happy wife and mother of one. I've been interested in computers and general technology since I was a kid. I was always into computers at a young age. I remember our first computer, my fathers first mobile phone, AOL on dial-up. Ah the good ole days of early consumer PCs. 

   When I became a mother and started a life of my own I realized that I had some skills, hobbies and interests but I didn't really have a real trade or anything I could say with confidence that I was actually good at. So I decided to choose something I was very interested in, in my case it was computers, software and hardware and all the good stuff in-between, and I decided to learn more about as much as I could. The major push or motivator for me though was my daughter. She was diagnosed with a severe  case of Autism when she was two and a half years old. We purchased an iPad for her for therapeutic use and I continued to learn more about Assistive Technology. 

    Coming from a family of tinkerers I always wanted to learn how things work, only instead of autos and heavy machinery, my thing is computers and other related devices. 

 I want to learn more about coding and programming languages. It would be nice to do more with web development or software development in the future. I have tweaked HTML in the past when I did some hobby web design and such. 

I'm pretty excited about learning some basics to build upon eventually. I'm looking forward to posting more about my progress. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment